Sunday, October 14, 2007

North Dakota Nanking Cherries

When I walked into the winery today, I smelled the wonderful aroma of Nanking Cherries fermenting. These cherries came from throughout North Dakota, including Lisbon, Mayville, Valley City, Wheatland, and Oakes just to name a few. I look forward to this wine coming out, but am saddened when it sells out so fast.

Tomorrow we have more rhubarb wine to bottle and clean up from our very successful booth at the Women's Showcase that was held on Saturday at the Fargodome. I would expect over 5,000 women attended the show. haven't heard a number yet, but we went through a lot of wine!!! I think Saturday was the first show where rhubarb was not the most popular wine. This time our Bumble Bee Red wine with honey and red grapes was honored as being the favorite of women attending the show.

It is the middle of October and still no sign of a killer freeze. We have 2 small strawberries on our plant in our front yard right now. They are white. I do not know if there is enough energy for them to finish. If they do, Sarah will get one and Katie will get the other one.

No comments: