Thursday, August 7, 2008

8-8-08

My wife and I are getting ready to be music groupies for the weekend. On Friday 8-8-08, I am flying down to Lincoln, Nebraska to meet up with her. She and the girls are vacationing at Susan's parents place in southwest Nebraska. We will drive from Lincoln, Neb. to Sioux Falls, SD for the Chicago concert on 8-8-08. The following day, we will drive from Sioux Falls, SD to Grand Island, Neb for the Chicago concert on 8-9-08. The following day, we will drive from Grand Island, Neb. to Norfolk, Neb. for the Chicago concert on 8-10-08. At that concert, we do have VIP tickets. I think 3 concerts in 3 nights can classify us as groupies. I was not able to talk her into the August 7, 2008 concert in Fort Dodge, IA for 4 concerts in 4 nights. I am very excited that she was willing to enjoy 3 concerts. I think the word is eccentric, but am not sure. Anyone else going to any of those concerts? We'll see you there!!

On a side note. It will be a sad day tomorrow. 20 years ago tomorrow was when the first night baseball game occurred at Wrigley Field. I still have a sign in my sports room that says No Lights at Wrigley Field. I guess if the Cubs win the World Series this year, I can relax a little, but 20 years of lights haven't brought a World Series Championship yet....

No comments: